As I’m planning to add a 4th axis “A Axis” i have to do some preparations.
First of all the Z axis has to go up 3cm, to get more clearance for the 4th axis.
For the 4th axis i need a new stepper motor, and a stepper driver.
But instead of buying that, i bought a new stepper and driver for Y instead.
So i upgrade my Y axis to a 3Nm stepper and a MD556 5,6Amp microstepping driver.
The A axis will use the left over 1.9Nm stepper and the picstep driver…
Now i already mentioned that i did not like the stepper mounts as they are..
They take a lot of space now, and i don’t think there placed really safe.
Since i will have to do Y now its easy to take Z at the same time. (X will be upgraded later on)
Instead of a fixed coupling i will use a timing belt this time, 1:1 ratio because i don’t want to lose speed.
And last but not least i made some covers to prevent dust from coming in, and to keep fingers out.